Waiting for the Cake-walk! Rylie was terribly disappointed when she didn't win - there was a cake decorated with dinosaurs she had her eyes on!!!
Justin has gotten pretty good at playing volleyball. They've played at Scouts a few times. He can even serve!
Justin is also pretty good at hitting a baseball! His Dad says the athletic gene must have skipped a generation cause Rob's dad is really athletic, Rob not so much, and now Justin seems to be able to play anything!
Rylie had her face painted - I think that is supposed to be a butterfly
Grandma gave the baby candy. Of coarse, she LOVED it!
The sprinklers went off in the part of the field that wasn't being used and Justin ran straight for them. He must have thought they were another activity!!! (It was really warm out there!)
Ellie played "teenager" all evening and just sat around with her girlfriends talking!
Ellie with her friend Skylar.
Cali with Bishop McGee. If those two are in the same room, you can bet Cali is being held by Bishop (or by his sweet wife, Julie)
I have been thinking about our pioneer heritage a lot lately and not just because of Pioneer Day! As we've gone thru some trials this year, I've often thought about all of the difficulties our ancestors faced and triumphed over! I've realized that some of the things I whine about are really silly. We have some really harrowing tales of sacrifice and trials in our family histories. Reading about them, and how they were resolved or how they helped build character and testimony for those who lived them, helps me know that in the end, all will be well . They also help me hope that we will come thru our trials better people and closer to our Heavenly Father, who we have really leaned on lately. I'm so grateful for our ancestors and all they were willing to go thru so we can have such blessed lives now! We come from some remarkable people! I'm especially grateful for those who recorded their life stories/experiences for us to enjoy and learn from today. Reminds me that I need to be better at keeping my own records!



No comments:
Post a Comment