Monday, July 6, 2009

Feeling sorry for myself!!!

And, I hope this post will act as some kind of therapy! (maybe!) We have lived in California for a year now. We moved here for Rob's dream job. Unfortunately he was laid off from that job in November. He was able to have work right away at the same co., but he is only making 1/2 of what he made in AZ so we are trying to survive California's cost of living on not enough moola- not much fun. There is still some chance that Rob's former job will be available to him again and that is what we keep hoping for. On my pity-party days, I almost wish we had never made the decision to move - then I remember that there are some really great things about being here: Mom, Dad, Julie, David, Noah, the weather, and a really great ward family! We miss our family in AZ and I especially miss my beautiful house in Queen Creek. I didn't appreciate how lovely it was until we moved into the rental house we are in now (its SO not pretty!) but you wouldn't believe what rents are around here!) I was OK living in it temporarily because with Rob's new job, we would soon be able to afford a great house in beautiful CA. So much for temporary! Oh well. We keep chugging along and doing the best we can. I have much to be thankful for and hope I don't sound too ungrateful for my many blessings.

I am posting pics of our house in Queen Creek for my kids to look at (they love this blog - wonder why?!!) We had good times in that house but we can in this one as well - home is where a family lives and loves and it really doesn't matter what that home looks like (except on those days I'm feeling sorry for myself :)

Justin's Tree Fort Room








Ellie's Princess Room





Rylie's Room





The family room in this house is what sold me. It was the biggest one in any model home we looked at - even in those houses that were 3x larger! This is the most important room in a house, I think. I don't know why builders always make them so small.


It was so nice to cook in this kitchen. My kitchen now is about the size of my former Master Bedroom closet :)




I also miss a formal living room - a room that always stays clean because no one can use it! I no longer have a room that always stays clean!!!


div>

No comments:

Post a Comment