Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Ventura

We just returned from our nearly free vacation to Ventura.
(Tagged along with Dad:  he worked and we played!)
Its fun to see different parts of California - I am still awestruck by how beautiful this place is.


Our first stop was the Channel Islands National Park Visitor's Center!









Notice Ellie was missing???  She was having a fabulous time at Girl's Camp!


Mom's Beach (its actual name)


View of the Harbor from our room.  Cali loved the boats!


We walked the bridge over Highway 101 to get to the Pier and the Beach.  It was COLD!  So we didn't stay longer than an hour - A lot of work but time at the ocean is always worth any effort!



The view of Ventura from the pier is so pretty!.




Cali hates the sand and won't go near the water.  She is so NOT a beach-baby! I had to carry her from the street, across the sand and then all the way back - she won't walk on the stuff!  I was the one that needed a nap....


1 comment:

  1. It's so pretty there. I like the view from your hotel- stunning! So glad that you had fun. I hope you're taking pictures on your current trip as well.
    P.S. Your kids are so cute.

    ReplyDelete