Can I brag a bit???
Justin gave his 5th Grade Famous Person Speech the last week of school. It was a big deal - they worked on them for months and months. I wish I could post his entire speech - it was SO good, but its just too long. Can you guess from the pictures who his famous person was???
Before the presentations, Mrs. Valencia called a few kids up to recognize their accomplishments as leaders who would one day make great work associates! (She's really career oriented!) She didn't call up Justin and I was kinda shocked. I planned how I would later let him know that we think he is particularly great and make it up to him since his teacher was missing the obvious :). Then, after all the speeches were made, the above (video) happened! It was really great!
The next day, Jr. High held an award ceremony. Ellie was announced as the 2011-2012 Student Government President!!! I'm so excited for her. She will be spectacular!!! Then she received her Honor Roll medal. Yeah!
(Cali didn't find the ceremony very interesting!)
THEN, the school spent a day at Castle Park! I love that little amusement park. Its the perfect size and on such pretty grounds! Rylie and I hung out - Justin and Ellie were off with friends!
Rylie has made such incredible progress in school this year. She really struggled with reading for a while and I was starting to worry, but she is doing SO much better and is so excited to be reading! I'm really proud of her for working so hard at it. I can't wait to spend our summer practicing what she has learned. Go Rylie!!!
Rylie with a few friends and her teacher, Mrs. Rincon!
Sara and Trevor
The last day!
(Ellie ditched to go the beach with the YW.)
All three of our school kids received stellar report cards! Great accomplishments - but WAY more important to us was watching them develop important character traits. They each faced some really difficult challenges this school year but did so with courage and goodness. They are kind and loving to any and all and are fantastic examples of the qualities that matter most. We feel so blessed to be able to share our lives with such wonderful people!
So now on to Summer Break!!!
(lets hope Mom survives!)



You really do have the greatest kids. I'm proud of them too. I just asked mom if she knew Ellie was made class president and neither of us knew. That's awesome! Go Ellie! We're proud of Justin and Rylie too! What awesome kids. I know how you will survive the summer. Drop your kids off here. Yea for summer!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Justin's costume cracks me up.
ReplyDelete